Canoe Kayak and Stand up paddle board excursions
From spring to fall, Kayak Café organizes excursions down the Red River with canoes, kayaks and Stand up paddle board, including shuttle service back to the establishment. Three courses are available, 8km, 12km and 23 km. The excursion takes place on a calm section of the Red River; therefore it is accessible to all, beginners included! A summer escape to experience, whether with your family, a group of friends or a corporate event!
Rates per Person
|8 km / 2 hrs|| 12 km / 2.45 hrs
||23 km / 6 hrs|
|Kayak simple or double||N/A||30||38|
|Child (12 and -)||25% off when accompanied by an adult in the same boat, double kayak or a canoe. Free when accompanied by two adults in a same canoe|
Rate is per person and do not includes taxes. The price includes the boat, the lifejacket and the shuttle service .
8 km: Departure: Between 9h et 15h (every half and hour) (not available for the moment)
12 km: Departure: Between 9h et 14h (every half and hour)
23 km: Departure: Between 9h et 10h
- Arrival at Kayak Café 30 minutes before departure.
- Instructions given by our staff regarding safety, basic technics, equipment and itinerary.
- Self-guided descent of the river. The duration of the course can vary depending on river flow, rhythm and breaks.
- You have the option to take some additional time, 1h to 2h, to enjoy the river at your own pace, no additional cost.
- Shuttle back to Kayak Café. The pick up time will be determined upon your reservation.
- Watch (you need time for your appointment with the shuttle to the end point)
- Hat or cap
- Adequate clothing depending on temperature
- Shoes or sandals that can get wet
- Extra clothing
- Swimsuit and towel
- Mosquito repellent (sold here)
- Waterproof bag (available here, 5-10L)
- Camera (optional)
The courses are accessible to all, whatever your skill level. If you experience the descent of the river for the first time, we recommend that you be accompanied.
It is important to note that the river descent is done in complete autonomy and you are responsible for your own safety.
"Minimum age for a child accompanied by 2 adults in a canoe: 2 years
"Minimum age for children in single kayak: 12 years
"Minimum age for a child accompanied by an adult in the same boat: 5 years
"Children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
»» Note: We recommend that people weighing 100 kg or more (225 pounds) to communicate with one of our staff to make the best choice of boat.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
If you want to make sure of a boat, it is advisable to book.
A credit card is required at time of booking and full payment will be taken upon arrival.
To make a booking, you can contact us at 819-686-1111 between 9 am and 17h.
Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, debit and cash.
You can change or cancel without charge 24 hours before the date of the activity, within these periods, the total amount of your activity will be charged to your credit card.
It is your responsibility to notify participants that will accompany you about booking and cancellation policy.
The event takes place even when it rains. The activity will be canceled in case of thunderstorms only. In such cases, no charges will be charged to your credit card.